Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Wardrobe Malfunction


It was my first day of training to be a substitute teacher for the Clark County School District. I got there early in order to have the required TB test done. You know, the thing where they poke you in the arm (sometimes it's a 3-prong, in this case it was just a regular needle) and then in 3 days they look at it to see if there was a reaction. When it was my turn to get poked, I started pushing up my sleeve and realized I couldn't! My nice, teacherly, new long sleeved top from Old Navy had a hem around the wrist that prevented it from stretching. I couldn't get it more than an inch above my wrist. But the needle had to go near my elbow area. Uh-oh!
After contemplating ripping my nice shirt, I decided my only option would be to start undressing. I asked the nurse if I could just pull my arm out, and she looked kind of dumbfounded. She looked around (there were lots of people around, but not too many right there) as I slid my arm out the bottom of my shirt.
So that was a fun way to start a new job! I told the cashiers at Old Navy the story the next time I was there (I happened to be wearing the same shirt). They seemed to get a kick out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment